I'm trying to do a better job of shopping more on Etsy and craft fairs to support handmade businesses, both local Chicagoans as well as around the world. Handmade products have a unique essence to them. Their imperfections are what make them beautiful, a concept known as wabi-sabi. I've noticed a lot of large commercial businesses, such as Michaels and Hobby Lobby, creating similar products to those found on Etsy, and while that's completely fine, I would love to support artists who take the time to make each of their products by hand. Whether you're looking for a Christmas gift, birthday gift, or something for yourself, Etsy and local craft fairs have you covered for one-of-a-kind goodies.
I decided to gather some of my favorites from Etsy and share them with you all. I've been eyeing them for a while and hope to purchase them as gifts to friends or maybe even myself!
1. Handmade Ceramic Speckled Stoneware Cup with White Glaze | michelleluupottery
2. Chicago Print | lauraamiss
3. Mint Green Fold Over Zippered Clutch | littlebrightstudio
4. Single Initial Clay Necklace | JillMakes
5. Mint Green Trinket Dish | LittleWisteriaArt
What are some of your favorite Etsy shops and craft fairs to purchase handmade goods?